- Book Title: The Ultimate Natural Beauty Book - 100 organic beauty products to make - and use easily at home
- Author:Josephine Fairley
- Year written/published: 2004
- Summary: Using totally kitchen and food materials you can create your own cosmetics - + skin care products
- My Comments: After reading about Anita Roddick i - just had to pick up this book… it’s intriguing how natural products are so much more - enhancing and how you can even make cosmetics from it!?!??!?!
- Contents page:
- Face: dry skin, normal skin, oily skin, sensitive skin, problem skin, mature skin, troubleshooters, eyes, smiles
- Bath and Body: bathing, body, feet, hands, fragrance
fruit facial bowl
1/4 cup finely ground oatmeal 1/4 cup finely ground almonds 3/4 cup soft fruits or vegetables of your choice (strawberries, raspberries, apricots, peaches, plums, blueberries, cucumber, lettuce or tomatoes), chopped and mashed filtered, mineral or rainwater
tomato face mask
1 ripe tomato Slice the tomato thickly, but include some shaped or this slices that will make it possible to cover your nose with tomato as well as the rest of your face. Lie down and apply the slices. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse well with warm water and apt dry. Do not apply moisturiser to the nose zone.
gentle eye make up remover oil
3/4 cup dried marigold flowers 1 teaspoon dried eye-bright 2 tablespoons extra-virgin oil 2 tablespoon avocado oil 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 tablespoon rice powder 1/4 cup orris powder 1 1/2 cups dried lavender flowers